7.10.08

East of Eden...

I was in Calgary recently...
















It's a city I've been to a few times over the years
for meetings, for music and time with some very good friends...

... which is another way of saying that it's a place I know about first-hand,
and not only from mediated reports centering on the theme of "cowtown",
"cowboys", "flames", "stampede" and such...
















even so, the latest oil patch boom times
there still amazed me...















... the money on show downtown....













































i think on some meta-verbal level,
the great Stephen Harper Etc continuum
makes more sense to me now

















I got a sense of how many people's
'living la vida whatever' is invested
in all this staying on the good foot...
































these are office buildings,
but they are also....
















Cathedrals.












































after a couple of days, i felt like i was
living in a roomful of mirrors.

















... i couldn't handle it. everywhere i looked
i saw reflections of the reflections
of reflections.


so i came home early.

































as zen things go, the west coast one
just fits me better...

later.....
d

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: