16.4.12

Funky Food




My parents raised me to be "a good eater".
In part, this was necessity, as we were not
well to do when I was young. Meat loaf was
a big treat, and to this day there are parts
of a cow that can make me shudder.

But there were compensations too, like
home-baked bread because store-bought
was way too expensive.


In part, it was also to make us good guests.
We were taught that when you went to someone's
house for dinner, you ate whatever they served
you and said thank-you very much.

This accounts for my lack of patience with vegans
and the various kinds of vegetarians at large
in the world to this day.


That said, I am not sure I could have eaten many
of these funky foods and said "Thank-you very much" afterwards...












































































































































































































*

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: